Well the holiday season has officially begun and most people never lose the extra pounds they gain from all the parties, family dinners and those boxes of candy and snacks at the office.
How would You like to actually lose some lbs. by January 2nd and still enjoy all the holiday festivities? Well first of all, when you’re at parties, and family gatherings, … EAT. You don’t want people to think you’re weird do you?
Just follow these 10 tips:
- Carry a bottle of water with you. Many of your hunger signals are really thirst signals. When you’re low on water and don’t drink, the brain calls for food. Drink lots of water.
- Be sure to drink a fiber protein shake before you go to the party and between each meal. (fiber blocks fat absorption and protein helps regulate your blood sugar level).
- There’s lots of extra calories in Alcohol and it dehydrates you. Alcohol blocks the hormone ADH which controls water loss. Drink a sip of water after each sip of an Alcoholic drink.
- Soda, both diet & regular will make you fat so alternate with club soda. Take some cold club soda with you to any party.
- Carry some dates and figs or a high fiber-protein bar with you to nibble on.
- At parties, walk around, don’t sit and whether you’re sitting or standing, hold your stomach in and up. (It’s the easiest & best exercise you can do).
- Take smaller portions, you can always go back if you’re still hungry.
- Take smaller bites and chew your food more slowly.
- Eat a banana, apple or pear every day.
- And if I may quote the official nutritionist from Sesame Street,……“Never eat more than you can lift” … Miss Piggy
For more great ideas to help you lose body fat,
get my book “No Wonder You’re Fat, You Don’t Eat Enough”