The economic outlook of the United States isn’t as rosy as it once was and you need to do everything you can to protect your financial future. It’s hard enough paying the bills with the high gas prices, food and utilities going up. What would happen if you wound up in the hospital for an extended stay? There’s a lot of talk about health care but not too much focus on good health. Instead of planning on how to pay for your hospital bills, why not plan to stay out of the hospital?
Wanna Save Money ???
I was standing in line at a 7-Eleven and noticed that natural, healthy bananas cost 69 cents and candy bars cost $1.29, $1.79 for the king size, (I think the last time I bought a Snickers Bar they were 45 cents). That got me wondering; what’s the real cost of being overweight? Now I’m sure overweight customers buy bananas too but it’s the sugar and fat filled junk food that is adding to the obesity epidemic.
7-Eleven also sold small bags of healthy peanuts at two for $1.00 sitting next to the potato chips that cost $3.69. You could buy 2 liter bottles of Club Soda at the grocery store for $.99 cents and zero calories or 2 quarts of Coke for $2.29., over twice the price.
The same lifestyle changes that can get you healthy and looking thin again will also will SAVE YOU MONEY.
A study at George Washington University showed that overweight people paid $6,518–$8,365 more per year for obesity-related expenses.
- Health, disability and life insurance costs more.
- Heavier drivers and passengers burn more $4.00 a gallon gas.
- Larger people need larger vehicles that cost more.
- Porsche, Mercedes,BMW and others are adding grab handles above the doors to help heavier drivers get in & out of their cars.
- Also, most luxury cars offer“back up” cameras so drivers of all sizes can easily see what’s behind them when backing up.
- The FORD Explorer has increased bynearly 9 inches in width from 1999 to 2012.
Per year in base salary.
Diminished Health, restricted lifestyle and extra daily costs. You don’t need it.
Get a copy of my book and turn your life around.