actor Mark Wahlberg was in great shape at 196 and dropped down to 135 in 4 months
for a movie role in “The Gambler”.
How did he do it? He drank lots of protein shakes and other nutritional drinks and
made sure to get small amounts of protein throughout the day. So what’s the deal
1. Protein makes you feel fuller. A study at the University of Washington School of Medicine reported that protein makes you feel fuller than carbohydrates or fat and The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who follow high-protein diets may have more success losing weight than those who eat less protein and more carbohydrates. There’s an easy way for you to lose your excess weight without dieting.
2. Protein burns up more calories just for digestion than when you eat fats and carbohydrates.
- When you eat 100 calories or carbohydrates digestion uses 5 to 15 calories.
- Same thing with 100 calories of fats your digestion uses 5 to 15 calories.
- When you eat 100 calories of protein digestion uses 20 to 35 calories.
3. When you don’t have enough high quality protein you lose lean tissue and lean tissue burns lots of calories. Eating protein more than just two or three times a day is a good idea because you don’t store protein. Any protein that isn’t used when you eat is converted and stored as fat so if you eat a big lunch and dinner you may not use all that protein. The other side of the coin is that when you need to rebuild organ or muscle tissue your body needs protein and if you don’t have protein available, it will break down your muscle tissue that you already have. This means you’ll actually be losing muscle tissue. Spread your protein over 5 or 6 smaller meals so you don’t lose muscle.
4. Even if you’re not overweight, protein builds your immune system to help keep you healthy. Your anti bodies that help fight infection are also made from amino acids in protein. Protein builds your immune system so you need protein to stay healthy.
The easy way to get enough protein and lose weight is to order some FitSmart shakes. Click on Products above and get a copy of my book. Stan Mysliwiec