Normal-weight people gain about 1 to 1.7 pounds over the holidays and overweight and obese adults add around 5 pounds. That doesn’t sound like a lot except most people never lose those extra pounds so that adds up to between 30 to a hundred extra pounds after 20 years.
Here are some E Z ways to enjoy the holidays and not gain weight, maybe even lose some.
- Drink water with lemon along with soft drinks, mixed drinks & beer. Or substitute club soda, seltzer, or mineral water for other beverages. When I go to restaurants I ask for a glass of seltzer or club soda with lemon. It’s usually free or half the price of a beer or mixed drink. If you are drinking soda, beer or mixed drinks, drink a sip of water between each sip of the other. SEE our 1 min. Video
- Drink a fiber protein shake between meals and before you go to a party or a family or company dinner. Here's one I use myself.
- Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. That makes it easier to digest and you won’t eat as much.
- Take smaller portions.
- There’s usually lots of tasty food around this time of year so eat the healthy stuff first and don’t eat the junk food. Fill up on nuts, fruit, veggies, meat & fish.
- Holidays are a busy time, but do my five minute fitness plan demonstrated here. See the 1 min video with Cat Woman
About half of us make New Year's resolutions, but less than one in 10 reach our goals. Use these E Z Way tips to get a head start on a healthy 2017.
Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and any holidays I missed.