I just read a study of 21,000 people who made that resolution in 2010. The data was recorded in their doctor visits and here it is.
- One out of 10 lost an average of 7 lbs.
- 1 out of a hundred lost 30 lbs or more.
- Almost 90% didn’t lose any weight
- Most actually gained some extra pounds.
Here are 13 ways to lose Your extra Fat in 2013.
- Don’t go on a diet ! … Going on a crash diet can slow your metabolism 30%.
- Drink club soda instead of Coke, Pepsi and other sweetened sodas. Both diet & regular soda will make you fat so alternate with club soda, sparkling mineral water, etc.
- Plan & Track - Write down your reasonable, short term goals and keep a daily record of what you’re doing to reach them.
- Carry a bottle of water with you. When you’re low on water and don’t drink, the brain calls for food. Drink lots of water.
- Drink a fiber protein shake between each meal. (fiber blocks fat absorption and protein helps regulate your blood sugar level).
- Alternate sips of water with Alcohol. There’s lots of extra calories in Alcohol and it dehydrates you. Alcohol blocks the hormone ADH which controls water loss.
- Take smaller portions, you can always go back if you’re still hungry. If you’re in a restaurant, wrap up half to take home before you eat.
- Carry a fiber protein energy bar to snack on. Figs and peanuts are also good.
- Take smaller bites and chew your food and eat more slowly.
- Eat a banana, apple or a pear every day.
- Eat 5 small meals a day.
- Pull your stomach in and tighten your abs for 5 seconds. This is the easiest & best exercise you can do. Do this anywhere throughout the day.
- Get my book, “No Wonder You’re Fat, You Don’t Eat Enough”.